British Skating Legends

Unsung heroes of British roller speed skating

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > What make's a good speed skater?

jonmorrison

I touched upon the concept of needing to be able to look at a skater and then determine potential ability based on various physical elements and attributes - my question is this, what do you think makes a good inline speed skater?

Of course we're not at the stage of doing a "talent ID" programme but i'd like to think in the future we will go to schools/colleges and test for certain things which may lead to the next big UK talent... what have we learnt from the current crop of world talent?

Jon

August 22, 2012 at 10:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

snail

Having never been to a World Championship personally, I'd say the World Championships in Zandvoorde (Belgium) next year would be a great opportunity for anyone in this country to go and have a look at the good and the great (and see just how exciting this sport really is!!) if they haven't already.

Snail. 

August 25, 2012 at 7:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

John C. Fry
Site Owner

Desire

August 25, 2012 at 9:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

HK47

Being skinny.  At the last Goodwood Marathon (which was before I got sick) I was in great shape, but one of my friends came in 15 mins faster than me even though I could usually breeze past her ... I put this entirely down to her being more aerodynamic :P

March 27, 2013 at 1:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.